Please follow the link below for our latest update on Coronavirus:
Or click on the ‘News and Events’ heading and the ‘Coronavirus Update’ tab for the latest news from the Academy
Church of England Community Academy
For the crumble:
- 300g/10 oz plain flour, sieved pinch of salt
- 175g/6 oz unrefined brown sugar
- 200g/7 oz unsalted butter, cubed at room temperature
- Knob of butter for greasing
For the filling:
- 450g /1lb apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm pieces
- 50g/2oz unrefined brown sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4
- Place the flour and sugar in a large bowl and mix well
- Taking a few cubs of butter at a time, rub into the flour mixture. Keep rubbing until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs
- Place the fruit in a large bowl and sprinkle over the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir well being careful not to break up the fruit.
- Butter a 24cm/9in overproof dish. Spoon the fruit mixture into the bottom, then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the crumble is browned and the fruit mixture is bubbling.