Church of England Community Academy
Quick Vegetable Curry
Cook time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped
- 1 large courgette, roughly chopped
- 1/2 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 large potatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 340ml (12 fl oz) water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all the vegetables into small pieces
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, heat oil and saute onion and garlic until golden.
- Stir in curry powder and tomato puree, cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, vegetable stock cube, mixed vegetables, water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook approximately 20 to 30 minutes until vegetables are well done (not crunchy).