Church of England Community Academy
Iced Heart Biscuits
- 100g butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 170g plain flour
- Red and white ready made coloured icing tubes (using a plain nozzle)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/ Gas 4 and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy
- Work in the flour to make a stiff dough. You may find it easier to do this with your hands.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Roll out to the thickness of a pound coin.
- Using well-floured heart shape cutters, stamp out a dozen hearts.
- Carefully transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Leave to coll on the baking sheet for a few minutes to firm up, before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Once they are completely cool, decorate with ready made icing and pipe with alternating red and white dots of your own pattern.